Monastery of Loggarda
On a side road between Parikia and Naoussa is the Holy Monastery of the Monks, Zoodochos Pigi of Loggarda. It is one of the most important monasteries of the 19th and 20th centuries. It was founded in 1638 by a local of Naoussa, Christopher Palaiologos. A famous elder, Philotheos Zervakos was distinguished for his spiritual and philanthropic work after helping poor children to study and intervening during the occupation to obtain the release of 125 Greek civilian detainees from the occupying German army. The frescoes of the monastery are famous, while the katholikon is cruciform with one nave. Today, the abbot and seven other monks try to keep the monastery alive, celebrating the same day as Holy Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi. Women are not allowed to enter this monastery as there is another one specifically for women at Thapsana, Panagia Myrtidiotissa.